Wednesday, January 28, 2015

La Petite Chiang Mai

I went to the Couchsurfing meetup last night. About forty people showed up and it was awesome. Some were folks who live and work in Chiang Mai and come to the meetup every Wednesday and some, like me, were travelers passing through. I had a good time.

This little dude was just chilling on the wall.
I think I'm getting a cold or something. I have a runny nose and a bit of a cough. I decided to take it easy today. This morning I walked around looking for some breakfast and came across a place called La Petite Chiang Mai. Despite the name, it was a pretty basic greasy spoon breakfast place. I've been eating Thai food for a week and it's great but sometimes it's nice just to have eggs, bacon, and potatoes. I hung out at La Petite Chiang Mai for a while reading the copy of Slaughterhouse five  I bought yesterday.

"Big taste in a small place"
This evening, I'm going to a movie theater called Documentary Arts Asia. As the name suggests, it's a theater that shows documentaries. Right now they're playing a movie called "Tim's Vermeer," which is about a man who attempts to recreate a Vermeer painting using mechanical means. I'd seen a trailer for it back home and wanted to see it so it's pretty crazy that I can see it here (although I'm going to have to see it with English subtitles).

Also, the weather is quite nice right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment