Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Arriving in Chiang Mai

I spent most of today day on a train.

The tour I was supposed to go on this morning was cancelled so I decided just to head straight to Chiang Mai. This morning, Mark drove me to the train station on his motorbike and we said our goodbyes. Couchsurfing with Mark and his family was really fun and they were incredibly generous. I bought a cheap third-class ticket and again settled in for a long trip. The train took seven and a half hours but I was able to sleep through some of it.

I just got in and took a tuk-tuk to the hostel I'm staying at. Since I waited till last night to check hostels (mainly because I hadn't decided where I was going yet), almost all the hostels in Chiang Mai were booked. I ended up booking four nights in a cheap hostel that I'm at now. The room I'm in is nice enough but I appear to be the only person staying in the seven-bed dorm room. I guess this is not a very popular hostel. Several people I met in Bangkok are also in Chiang Mai right now so I may meet them at their (nicer and more social but fully booked) hostel to get dinner tonight. Tomorrow night there is a Couchsurfing meet-up in Chiang Mai that I may go to.

Sorry for the short post but I didn't do much today. I will probably have a busier day tomorrow.

Every traincar has a section like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment