Friday, March 13, 2015

Goodbye, Asia


Last night I had dinner at my hostel. A bunch of people were hanging out in the common room and I ended up hanging out and talking with them for most of the night. It was fun.


Today I went to see the large bronze Buddha statue Kamakura is known for. If I recall correctly, it is the second largest Buddha statue in Japan. It was quite large. I went early so it wasn't too busy.


After that, I went to the beach and walked around for a while. Then I went back to the hostel and have been hanging out there since.



Tonight is my last night in Asia. Tomorrow morning I will make my way to Narita Airport and fly to SFO. I'll spend a night or two in San Francisco then probably try to find a rideshare on Craigslist back to Seattle.

How do I feel about this trip coming to a close? Alright. I had some great experiences on this trip but I'm excited to go home. I had planned on being on the road for longer but that's alright. I went into this expecting it to be the ultimate trip but I think I should have seen it more as a trial-run. That said, two months is a very long time to travel and I've seen and experienced a lot in that time. I've had good times and bad times but I am definitely glad that I did the the trip. I don't quite know what's next but I definitely want to travel more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment