Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Further Frustration

This trip just took another unfortunate turn.

My time in Mae Hong Son was less than awesome. On my second day when I was going to explore the town, I got sick from something I ate the day before. I suspect that the cucumber slices I was served with a dish may have been washed in the (unsafe) tap water but it could have been anything. I took the day to rest and recover and decided to return to Chiang Mai the next day on my way to Chiang Rai. I'm still not feeling 100%.

I considered taking buses but decided to see if I could at least hitch to Pai then catch a bus to Chiang Mai. I got a ride pretty quickly and had an uneventful ride in the passenger seat of a pickup.

When I got out in Pai, I saw something I wanted to take a photo of so I reached in my bag for my camera. It wasn't there. I took everything out of my bag and still couldn't find it. I don't think it was stolen in the truck because my bag was at my feet the entire ride and the driver didn't touch it. I waited around where I was dropped off for a while in case it fell out of my bag in the truck but the driver didn't return. I don't know if it fell out in Mae Hong Son or in the truck or transported itself to Antarctica but I suppose it doesn't matter.

I wrote my email on the memory card but that seems like a long shot. I'm going to look into buying a cheap camera here.

I'm in a coffee shop in Pai right now. I don't really want to spend three hours getting to Chiang Mai, even on a bus. I need a nap but don't want to spend another night in Pai. That might be what I end up doing, though. Stay tuned, folks.

True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment